The Church was founded on April 15, 1894, the oldest church in Williamson. The present building was completed in 1928. The Church membership totals 80 with approximately 60 worshipers every Sunday.
What We at First Presbyterian Church Believe
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His sacrificial death on the cross as payment for our sins, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that Jesus Christ alone saves lost and sinful people and brings them to new life.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who enables the Christian to live this new life.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost – the saved to eternity with God, and the lost to eternal separation from God.
- We believe the Church is the family of God, people of every tribe, tongue and race, gathered together to joyfully celebrate and worship the risen Christ.
- We believe that we are called to serve God in the world, proclaiming in word and deed the Good News of the Gospel through acts of mercy, justice and compassionate service.